Sunday, January 3, 2016

Grave is a cave


Light! I held in my hands
Like all others, I see with it
Everyone walked with me in paths
Each path had destination which is common
And everyone knows this, I stood
Alone! Searching for others, I saw
Lights! Oh my! The light! What
Left for me? Was Darkness! With rage,
I searched my light, with courage
I had left, all that is
Left, climbed up the mountain following
Light! Light held by a colleague
Climbing became difficult, I hung on!
Cliff, one which dealt with height
A deadly height that’ll make myself lost
Around the footpaths of this Mountain
Forever! There came the light, recovering me
From this plight, I thanked and
Followed, slipping in times, I asked
For the light, “Climbing for my
Vacation”, I pleaded, “You would have
Vacation which is certain”, with frustration
I heard his reply, the spat
Induced a gap, between the light
And I, Dull became the light
Annoying the lazy me to the full
Pushed hard, closed my eye
Pulled the barriers away, opened
My eye! when “I” died, Hurray!
Mesmerized, saw the Light! One!
Only one! Amazed, carried the light
On my way, to the farthest sight
No lights! Except one! Heard sound
No! Know the sound before, Sound!
The slipping sound! Realized myself, ran
To my place, placed the light
Leaned to my right, felt my
Lonely heart, “Grave is a Cave”


                                                    - Alan Giftson


No comments:

Post a Comment