Wednesday, December 30, 2015

‘Hey, You’ the “change”



     There are many days, when I had thought about India. Like ‘Why is our country like this?’, ’If the politics will always be like this?’, ‘Will it change?’ this and that, so on. At last if I draw into a conclusion such as ’Change is within us’, then the question arises ‘If the change within me is enough? Is it enough for the whole society? Will it bring freedom, the freedom from corruption, exploitation?’ my gut feel said ‘No’. Here is an example, “I am a resident in a so and so city, and my street is dreaded with garbage. I threw my house’s waste in the street, so like my neighbors. I have a child and he is affected by cholera. I admit him in the hospital and now, he is alright. But, the doctor advises me to keep my surroundings clean. Because of that, I stop myself from throwing the wastes in the street and put it in the garbage can. Even now, the street is filthy and dirty, then, I force my neighbors to stop throwing wastes in the street. In due course of time, they agree and the street is now clean. And yet, it hadn’t ended, the garbage can overflowed with wastes. I and my neighbors called the concerned authority, but they didn’t respond to us in the right manner. So, we complained about it in the higher authority, corrupt as much as the former they also didn’t gave an appropriate answer. Rather than wasting our time in complaining, we decided to clean our street on our own”. If you demand to change something, change it by yourself. If you couldn’t, stand behind the one who could do it. And, you can’t be sure of him. The change can change him, so be the one like an armed man who guards a suspect or be the friend who slaps his friend on his sin. After all, it’s better if its’ you who brought the change. A good leader must create a society which will pinpoint a mistake even if it is 'his'.

                                                                - Alan Giftson

No comments:

Post a Comment